GSP not opening

kclester

MY GSP i got today is not opening what could be wrong.......i just got them today and they dont appear to be damaged or anything but thye arent opening my water params are fine and im running 135 watts of pc's......any ideas....i just put them in the tank at around 6-7

tr1gger

I have read that GSP's can take hours or several days to open. If nothing looks damaged and the water peram's are ok, i would say wait it out. Keep us updated

jerryatrick

Originally Posted by kclester
http:///forum/post/2730490
MY GSP i got today is not opening what could be wrong.......i just got them today and they dont appear to be damaged or anything but thye arent opening my water params are fine and im running 135 watts of pc's......any ideas....i just put them in the tank at around 6-7
The GSP that I recently placed in my tank did not open up until the following day after the lights had been on for a couple of hours. Is the GSP attatched to rock or are you attempting to have it attatch to an existing piece of rock that is in your tank?

crazy4reefs

have no fear, they will open up. Even though they are a hardy coral being shipped and then being placed in a new system can stress them out some. When I bought them it only took a couple of days for them to open and I have never had a problem with them. I am sure they will open within a couple of days. I know its hard to wait believe me but dont worry you havent done anything wrong, they just neee a little time and they do like to have a flow on them. Keep us updated and post pics when they do open. Remember patience is a big part of this hobby and a hard part but its all worth it in my opinion