GSp

N

ninjaskillzs

IS there a way (safe way) to remove GSp from a rock and put it onto another rock? i bought some from a LFS near me and the rock doesnt fit anywhere in my system... dont wanna damage it but if i could i would put it onto a dif rock or onto the sand bed. Thx

N

ninjaskillzs

could i get the full mat off in one peice do you think? and how should i attach it... just lay it on the sandbed or on the rock and keep flow off it or rubberband?
also should i peel/vut it out of my tank or will it not release anything toxic

T

thomas712

Just use a rubber band.
Personally I steam cleaned my rocks of BrownSP. They simply got to be a major plauge for my tank.
Thomas

N

ninjaskillzs

unfortunatly, i want mine :p but ill keep that in mind if i ever get to that point.

natclanwy

If you can't get the mat up just place it next to the rock you want it on and it will spread in no time. Then you can take the rock back and trade it in for something else just did this in my own tank worked out well bought the GSP from one store for $20 and traded it in at another for $30
Only took about 2 months to do this.

natclanwy

Also I meant to say you can break the rock so that it will fit better it won't hurt the polyps just use a chisel and hammer to break the rock where you want it and then use a knife to cut the mat.

streetdoc

I have used super glue gel in the past. I have also had good luck using my 'shroom fragging technique. I place a piece of the mat onto a rock, wrap it with a piece of fiberglass screen, and then secure it with a rubber band for a few weeks. You don't need the band too tight, just enough to hold the screen in place.