Gurgling & what next?

alopez

I have two questions I am getting alot of gurgling out of my overflow, is the only way to supress this to throttle my pump back? or is there another solution.
Next question is I'am ready to add live rock and start the cycle! The salinity is 1.022 Temp. is 79F is that all I have to worry about before putting in LR? Does PH have to be stable before adding LR?

broncofish

If your overflow built in and not hang on I recomend a durso stand pipe, if it is hang on I suggest you talk to kipass. I would not worry to much about the PH if it is just live rock.

acez28

i was having the same problem with my overflow. Mine is inside my tank but the tank maker at my LFS gave me a great suggestion. He told me to take 2 pieces of plywood and a piece of styrofoam and put that in a plastic bag to make almost like a top for the overflow.
You cut one piece of plywood bug enuff to sit on top of the over flow but not fall in....the second piece of plywood you cut small enuff to fit inside the overflow. You make the styrofoam the same size as the smaller piece of plywood. After you have done this....you put both peices of plywood with the styrofoam in the middle in a plastic sandwhich bad and cover the overflow.......this will muffle the sound alot. Hope that helps you