GUYS I AM SCREWED

reefman812

I HAVE A 30 GALLON ACRYLIC TANK THAT I SET UP FOR ABOUT 1 MONTH NOW HAIR ALGAE IS OUTTA CONTROLA ND SLIME ALGAE COVERS THE GLASS SO MUCH THAT CAN BARELY SEE . i HAVE NO SNAILS ONE ALGAE BLENNY AND 6 HERMIT CRABS. aLSO I HAVE SO SANDBED I REALLY SCREWED UP MY FIRST TIME TOO. aNYWAYS ON MY LIVE ROCK THERE IS A LOT OF LIFE, I HAVE NO CORALS BUT THESE THINGS THAT LOOK LIKE SMALL POLPS ARE GROWING BUT I'M NOT SURE IF THEY'RE AIPSTIA OR NOT SRRY FOR SPELLING PLEASE SMART PEOPLE THERE IS A BRAIN LIKE TISSUE GROWING ON MY ROCK I AM SCREWED!!!!!

for the hair algea get some more hermits like scarlet reef hermits and get alot of 10 snails just look at what i have and i havent had one out break of anything since november 2001

treble

That means your phosephates are really high. Make sure your using RO/DI water. Get nassusarius snails maybe 20 or so. Then get about 10-20 turbo snails.

jakob4001

you could be feeding too much also; you could try to cut back on time that your lights are on if you fo not have corals

scruz

was the live rock cured?if not you are dumping a lot of garbage into your tank.skimmer?sounds like you added too much too early.check your water parameters-none noted,also more info on your setup would help

wamp

Sounds like you have a slight nutrient problem. First off, do not do anything drastic! Do not start dumping chemicals and other media in the tank. Find out your water parameters. See what is high.
I have a feeling your tank is having a nitrate spike. This can be linked to your hair algea and even your red slime. If your not running a protein skimmer you should add one. A good skimmer will help pull some of the dissolved orgaincs (proteins) out of the water thus limiting the algeas food supply.
What lights are you running and how old are they? Lights are a major factor in algea growth. Without them it would not grow. Your bulb selection and the age of your bullb are 2 important factors of your tank.
What are you feeding the tank? And how much? Foods contain high amounts of pollutants. If your overfeeding your just adding more crap to a tank that has not fully cycled yet.
What type of setup do you have? CC, LSB or just a small amount of sand? Your substrate plays a key role of the removal of wastes in your tank. In a DSB anaerobic bacteria grow in the very bottom layer of the sand where there is little to no 02. This bacteria is where your denitrification takes place. Without a DSB or lots of live rock there is no place for this bacteria to grow. Without it your nitrates will spike causing the need for more water changes to be done to remove the nitrates.
Phosphate is another beast all togther. This is added to the tank with some foods and also through your water supply. You can limit these by using RO or distilled water..
These are easy problems but just take time to resolve.
Good Luck