H-ilton Head Golf

sigmachris

I am vacationing in Tybee Island, GA this spring but plan on driving up to H-ilton Head, SC for a round of golf. I have never been to H-ilton Head so I am up for suggestions on golf. I am a 10 handicap but my 2 buddies are hackers. We are looking to keep green fee's to around $100. With only 1 round of golf to play, what is the must play course?
Thanks for your suggestions,
Chris

J

jrthomas40

ah man i am so jealous of you right now....i went to the beach on H-ilton head island last year and didnt get to play but there are courses everywhere and i would say any signature course would be a must play...if i remember correctly there is an arnold palmer course up there or it may be a jack nicholas course....let your buddies hack away and go out there and shoot a 75

kjr_trig

Look into Old South Golf Club, its a great course for the price, its off island in Bluffton. If you don't mind spening maybe just over $100 you should go to Daufuskie Island and play either Bloody Point or Melrose, its a great experience, you have to take a ferry to get out there, both are great courses, I highly recommend it. The 3 courses at Port Royal are all pretty good too. Sea Pines (where Harbor Town Links is) is overpriced for all 3 courses, avoid that.

J

jrthomas40

i know when were were driving through H-ilton head to the island there was courses every time i turned around and even on the island they were everywhere it seemed like a golfers paradise!!!