Hair aglea

steve24

Originally Posted by TriGa22
http:///forum/post/2630890
What eats it? How do I kill it?

good question

i`ve been battling it for months now.
whole new CUC last week, lights back to 6 hrs a day, less feedings, Phosphates test 0, hand picking it and sucking it up during water changes and still

triga22

Mines in an eight gallon so I need some type of invert that will demolish it. Its taking over. Everyday I pick out no lie a full handfull of it. And thats only the strings. Its still attached.

M

markeo99

I have a slug/snail that only eats hair algae they reproduce like mad in my fuge but in my tank my shrimp eat the slugs
seahares and lettuce naudibranches will take care of it but shrimp eat them to
at least my shrimp do

candycane

There is two types of this alga that are usually more prominant then others in aquariums. One being Bryopsis. The other one, like I had, that NOTHING -including freezing for months will get rid of - is called Cladophora. There is only one thing (after trying 31 tangs) that I know that will eat it and actually keep up with it's growth if it is Cladophora. Those are Sailfin Tangs. In small masses, cerith snails and tongan strombus conchs will pick at it while the tang is "sleeping" or to full to continue eating it.

fishkid13

Mine is taking over I have a lawnmower blenny it nibbles on it but doesnt eat it all at first it was doing ok but no it is taking over my tank I am thinking of getting a tang it will eat all of it. Hope that helps.

clownfish11

I got 10 turbo snails they ate it all of the glass, filter, and PH, but no off the rocks..I know its my phosphates cuz they are high..I think I'm going to get some emerald crabs, snails, light on for 6-7hours a day, and see how that goes..your most likely going to need more than 1 emerald

shinobi9119

Astraea snails are known to eat it I recommend those, but if they fall down they cant get back up so you gotta look out fot them sometimes.
you could even try margarita snails or emerald crabs.
hope that helps...