Hair Algae

balltung75

i got quite the plague goin on in my 10 gallon. What inverts eat hair algae my tank is to small for a lawndmower blenny

bgriff

Strictly based on observation at LFS.. I noticed they had a bad hair algae problem in 2 of 3 tank partitions, they had several Sally lightfoots in the the third which was pretty clean.. (I suggested they separate them into different partitions to clean the other ones up..) I have one and it's usually busy keeping things clean, but it had problems with his last molt, not sure he will survive..

bgriff

Originally Posted by Balltung75
do emerald crabs eat it?
Not sure, I have emerald crabs to control bubble algae which I no longer have.. I've never had a hair algae problem, not sure if this is because I maintain a various cleanup crew, or just lucky.. I did recently purchase, (in an attempt to save) a rock from the LFS they were trying to call Yellow schrooms which had major algae problem on it. (Talked them into selling it to me for the price of a small piece of LR) Over night my tank cleaned it up and it now looks like a normal rock.. Sadly, I don't think any of the schrooms made it.. I only see one very tiny one left..

As part of my cleanup crew I have, a sally lightfoot, several blue-leg, scarlet, and a few "natural" hermits from the Jersey shore, a Lawnmower Blenny, some turbo, nassarius, astrea, bumblebee, and a few other misc snails, 2 cleaner shrimps, and a peppermint shrimp. All for different various potential problems.. which they all seem to perform very well.
Hope this helps..