Halide Bulb?

guitar

I have a coralife advanced hob halide pendant and its getting about time to change the bulb. I don't like the fact that the coralife 14k bulb is still yellow but also don't want all the blue of the 20k. My question is what are some very good 14k DE halide bulbs? Whats the best and what is good thats cheap and not a crappy $10 one from that

[hr]
site.

N

ninjaskillzs

Not meaning to hijack but does any1 have links to different spectrum DE bulbs? i also bought a MH light but it needs a new bulb. I dont want to buy one and have it turn out i hate the color.
thanks

jmick

I also run Phoenix 14's DE on my tank and really like them, it's also one of the less expensive bulbs available and the color is great!

flricordia

Phoenix all the way. On a side note, if the Coralife is fairly new it may take time before it looses the yellow. MH bulbs usually need a break-in time of approx. 100 hours before true color comes out. Most bulb manufactures will burn them in before selling them, this is why the bulbs look used.

wangotango

Originally Posted by Mr_X
http:///forum/post/2708339
do a search on "sanjay yoshi". he did studies on alot of aquarium lamps.
Joshi.
But yeah, definately check his lighting page out. The Phoenix 14k is a very popular bulb.
-Justin