Halides for nano... question on which

speg

I'm dying to get halides for my nano. It's a 12 gallon nanocube. Was wondering what would be recommended with a tank this small? 70 watt halide? 10k-14k-20k?
Any setups out there that anyone would recommend? The tank stays around 79-82 right now with the current lights.. Think if I added a halide I could get away without needing a chiller?

kainrahl

I reccomend the new k2 viper with the gigantic fan on it. AMAZING for me so far. over a year actually puts the temp a little lower for me than whenits on like halfa degree.

speg

I'm looking at the one I believe you're talking about.. comes in either 150w or 250w. You think that 150w is too much for the little nano? There is another type of viper clip-on lamp that has 70w but it doesn't have that big fan you're talking about...

speg

I've been looking into that light you suggested... I like it.. looks really good to me and claims to keep the heat down. I saw a few complaints about it damaging one person's tank and another that it fell into the tank due to the design.. luckily only the fan went in.

nissan577

theres also this one:
AquaticLife Swing Arm HID Metal Halide Light Fixture $259.99
qualight Advanced Series HQI Metal Halide Fixture$259.99