Halo's 28JbJ Reef/Invert Nano Diary

K

kat74

Haaaaaaaaaalooooooooooooooo!!!~~
Where are you???

We haven't heard from you in 3 days... this isn't like you. Come back!~

halostalker

sorry guyz being sick, alot of work and school i start spring break after this sat. so expect alot of updates.
right now i did a water change friday so i skipped cleaning the tank sunday but i will clean in today later and give u alot of pics
i also will glue some of the coral into its final place.
OH and kat u will not like it but i gave up my mandarin, actually my friends tank the one where i will be adding all those stars and only contained a lionfish for a long time, but died recently. well i was over his house and i guess b/c his father stop feeding the usual silversides that all the pods freaked out and where on the back wall(omg the back wall was pure white with so many, 100g.
i was thinking that my mandarin wiped out my tank of pods b/c i couldn't see any more adults anywhere.
But this will not be final i bet i will take it back when my tank builds its population or when the father buys another big fish maybe another shark.
every coral is doing great exept the AOG died. i have 3 ding dangs and a 4th is poping out heheh. so im happy about that its a cool huge zoa but its kind of dull, but when the moonlights turn on it looks so cool.(also i think it will look better when i get those extra actnits (36watt).
sorry guyz(kat) i'll try to do a huge update later tonight.

halostalker

well goodluck i notice that a mandarin has to eat all day everyday so idk how good of a attempt u can do feeding them that? Good luck nun the less=P

halostalker

lmao i just ripped out alot of it maybe left like 10 stalks it grows really fast, the rest i threw into my friends 100g i gave him like 100+ leaves most likley
its cool but if it gets on the sand bed, the roots dig and and hold on so when u remove it its pretty hard to get the sand off heheh but it's a great fug plant.
i got maybe a couple of leaves on my LR when i first bought it and its been growing ever since.

K

kat74

So, you're now sharing your beautiful aqua girlfriend with friends now??

j/k
It better be a temporary stay, or it will break her heart!
Or... who knows, she may be over there batting her eye lashes and flirting with him too!

I understand the move though. Totally respect you for that!~

halostalker

I truly apologize to everyone i have been slacking on my diary.
well i had a busy sunday so i couldn't clean my tank today so i'll do it tomorrow and i'll post alot of pics
Some new things
Got a iPhone the thing is sick it takes better pics then my camera lmao all i need now is a microfine glass to take macro shots.
got a Lawnmower blenny and i love hime. he was in a tank with big agressive fish and no algae to eat and he was trying so hard to eat something.
i threw him into my tank and 2 sec later he started to pig out hes cleaning my algae problem so quick. he also has a great little personality.
corals are all growing great!!!!!
Peef i went from 1 ding dang to almost 5 yay.
all my inverts are doing great and molting, i even seen all my pom pom crabs today all hanging out together on one rock, and i was afraid at one point some of them would kill each other. even when they were hanging out 2 of them molted and didn't even go find a cave or anything they just did it in plane sight.
by the way i have 5 pom pom crabs lmao=P
here are some iPhone pics enjoy, sorry the glass is dirty from 2 weeks of not cleaning. (but now i got a better scraper so it will be easier.)

clownfish11

we want some updates :) and in the last picture you posted what kind of crab/shrimp is that on the rock it looks like a spider lol on top of hte rock not on the side...

halostalker

k so sorry guyz with my crappy life and ---- i really don't have much time for anything or i just feel to tired to move.......
today im home recovering from a sick party where i threw up a lot lmao i even threw up out of a girls car as she was driving me home(i wouldn't risk driving my own car in that state lol)... yea thats what happens when guyz get over competitive with drinking games.
in the last pic there are actually 3 crabs all pom pom crabs

i'll try really hard to get a update tomorrow if i don't have to many things to do.

K

kat74

Haloooooooooooo!!!~
WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE YOU?!?!

You've been away waaaaay too long, I'm starting to worry!~
Post an update, k?

dplantz

I haven't read through all of your forums but do you have a chiller on your nano? I want the new JBJ Nano Cube HQI Aquarium, but don't wanna buy the chiller they recommend. Has your aquarium temps been fine without one if you don't have one? Any help is appreciated.

K

kat74

Alright... I am OFFICIALLY going to call an APB out on you!
WHERRRRRRRE
ARRRRRRRRE
YOUUUUUU???