Halo's 28JbJ Reef/Invert Nano Diary

halostalker

so sorry kate. I have just been really busy. I have exams, finals and work.
K my tank is great exept no time to clean glass, my blenny likes it bc more for him to eat.
My corals are getting a little bigger, I'm happy about a baby blast that came out.
Well I have no chiller but I do have a trick that won't get the tank above 78 or 80. I just check wat temp the room is and if its under 75 I know my tank won't go over. But on hot days when the temp is above 75 I just use a staple remover and I prop up the hood a little and it makes a world of difference but alot of water evaporates. I know that during the hotter months my airccondition will be on so nun to worry about and if worst comes worst I will dish out 300.
I'm so sorry everyone I'm especially sorry to kat, I will try to find some time and post a update. I'm just goin threw a hard time :(

K

kat74

There you are, sweetie!!

SOOO glad that you are okay, and don't worry about finding time to post pics to update. You do that when you have time. Focus on YOU first. I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time. Wish I could give ya a hug. Just check in from time to time to let us know how you're doing. I'm here for you if you need to vent...

halostalker

Hey guys Thanx so much kat, I'm alright just wish I had more time to relax.
I actually keep up with all the diarys and new threads but bc I don't keep my own updated I feel stupid for posting replys. School is almost over so I won't be away for to much longer.

blazin2k6

How ya like the lawnmower blenny ? I got a bicolor blenny not long ago and all he does is eat algae and i know the lawnmower is known to mow that hair algae you got so hopefully he gets rid of it in no time. Nice looking crabs. Those ones with anenomes are cool.

halostalker

lmao so sorry guyz=

really busy lately even for my tank, but that will change now that i have no school at least for a little while.
so my tank is good except i need to clean front glass and get a better cambera for actually showing u how nice my tank looks.
i lost 5 ding dangs in one week so that was sad=( but everything else is fine.
k sorry for the crapy pics but i will get better. and the blue ribbon eel was at the petshop and i so wanted to get him.

blazin2k6

Is that an EEL in tha last pic ? Wont it eat your shrimps and small fish if you have em ? Nice update though. Glad to see everything looking good and see some nice new frags in ya tank

K

kat74

WOW!! An update!! You're back!!

You always manage to post a pic of your emperor, just for me, don't ya?
I still haven't seen mine since the day I put it in, so oh well, it must have died.

Soooo glad you're back!!~ You were definately missed!~
Oh, and Blazin', I believe that the blue ribbon eel pic was taken at his LFS.

halostalker

yay glad to see you all again
Kat...........sorry its not my fault that the emperor shrimp are hosting the onlt ric i have and it so happens the ric is in front of the tank( they learned to steal food from the ric every time i feed it.)
Blazin watup
, the blue ribbon eel is prob the only friendly eel u will ever meet, its known as a firefish eel and its specific to eating firefish thats why sometimes its really hard to get them to eat about 90 percent fail
but i have seen ribbon eel live in a reef tank with all kinds of small inverts and fish and wont touch them...... so if i see with my own eyes that that eel eats then i might get him other then that im not testing my luck. so if i do get one all my inhabitants are fine.
k i'll do a list to catch everyone up with wat i have in my tank.
5 pom pom crabs (i got 4 with no anemones and i had to buy one more with the pom poms so that eventually all the crabs will have them and so far so good)
2 emperor shrimp(by far the coolest shrimp second to emperor harlequin which im also planning on getting but at the time its rare bc the ones that u get on the internet are the sub species pica which has a redish color to it and i want the bluish supspecies.
2 anemone porcelain crabs
1 blue porcelain crab(i had 2, one died out of the blue?) you will love how these guys sweep the water with there filter fans catching little food items really nice to watch.)
5 Nassarius Snail (best snail to get bc they are cool small and help out alot, i like how the pop out like JI joes out of the sand as soon as food hits the water i mean like miliseconds they have good sence of smell so they find all the left over food, prob one of the reasons my amonia, nitrite, nitrate are all zero all the time=P.
8 turbo snails( best algae cleaners by far of any snail and i like the way they look, i like the tiger turbo really interesting to watch and they do a very great job, also my hermits take there shells so i always have more then i need.
2 electric blue hermits(really nice pattern, i would pick the smallest and once they get big swap them bc they start knocking over stuff when they get bigger and might become a predator in ur tank if it dont get enough food.)
1 scarlet hermit(my favorite due to its peaceful nature and red color=P)
1 pencil urchin (nice red, purple color, helps by eatching algae, negative things are he knocks over loose frags/coral and eats a little coraline bc he scrubs the rocks leaving specs of white(which is fine by me its not alot and it makes the rocks have a bit more character everytime u look at the tank)
2 sexy shrimp( really nice to have)
1 zebra shrimp(really small and i spot him from time to time, he actually eats the little tube feet off of the urchin but its only a little at a time so no biggy.
a lawnmower blenny, (best thing for hair algae loves to eat it, scrubs the rockz really well.)
a whole bunch of coral sps, zoos blasts, ric.

clownfish11

CORALINE SNAPPPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That first pic is a bute...so are those bambams
check my updates when you get a chance

halostalker

=p k this one u see my pregnant pom pom yay=P. today i discovered a new polyp in back of the tank clinging to a piece of sand, i seen it open up so i knew i didn't have a zoo like that must of been one of the zoos i got from redspot321 and didnt make it on the plug. so i somehow reached around to the back of the rockwork and pulled it out and attached it to a small rock=P
then i see my mushroom which i have for like 3 years now bc it was in my old tank back in my 10 gallon and i put it into that whole and it has attached after many failures( it fell out of the hole alot lol, pain in the butt to put back in). and in the hole is a pom pom which looked really cool=P sorry for the bad pics its off of my iphone.
also i attached my blasts to the top rock they didnt come out so they dont look great.