Hamilton 250 HQI 10,000K

russianspy

I normaly run Ushio 250 HQI Metal Halides 10,000k
I bought new bulbs because the old bulbs were starting to cause cyano growth and started to shift spectrum
When I ordered a new bulb I thought I ordered a Ushio but recieved a Hamilton 10,000k
When I installed the bulb it started up a yellow color. (Which is normal) But for the last 7 hours i'v been letting it run and it's stayed yellow, and hasn't shifted spectrums to a more white color like the old Ushio's..
Half my tank is white and half is yellow now.
Has anyone else had this problem?

X

xoxox

First off, the Ushios are more expensive than the Hamiltons. I don't what you paid per bulb ( around $100 maybe ? ) but it usually take awhile for the color to burn in, 50 to 100 hours I believe. I like the Hamilton 14ks, I think they are very good blue tinged color bulb for the price, usually around $60 per bulb. It could be an honest mistake but I would inform the vendor of the problem.

euphoria

I am currently running hamilton 10k's and even w/ my 330W of VHO actinics on, the water color is a bit too yellow. I am definitely going to switch to Ushio 14k's once these hamilton 10k's wear out in about 9 months.