Hang on Skimmer - Which One?

sailfin

I am currently looking for a hang on skimmer. Is there a good one? If so what brand?
Thanks in advance... :happyfish

microman2k

i almost bought one of those but they were a little pricy for a teenager like me on a limited budget so i opted with the Red Sea Prizm...its a hang on ..i just ordered it last week, i'll let you know how it turns out...from what i have read they are a pretty decent hang on for the price :yes:

jayc

I've heard lots of good things about the AquaC remora too. But I couldnt afford it like microman, and I've decided to go with a Excaliber HV1 HOB skimmer. I'll let you know how it turns out whenever I get it.

sailfin

Originally Posted by microman2k
hey Sailfin what part of East TN are u from.........i am outside of Knoxville

I am down here in Cleveland. Are you coming to the frag swap on July 23rd? It is at Chattanooga State.

bergamer

I did a lot of research before I bought my coralife super skimmer as I was debating btwn that and the aqua C romora. From what I have heard from tons of people who own both and some of themselves owning both (going from an AC romora to a superskimmer) the super skimmer seemed to come fair a little better
And After 3 days of having my super skimmer, it seems to be working really really well.

55galgill

For me its definitly AquaC remora pro with the mag drive 3 pump its expensive but its worth it....i spent money in the begining on those stinky seaclones. it actually did a great job skimming but it would leak like crazy... i got frustraed did some research and bought this skimmer,never been happier
~Gill~

microman2k

Originally Posted by sailfin
I am down here in Cleveland. Are you coming to the frag swap on July 23rd? It is at Chattanooga State.
nope, i'd love to but i cant...i will be out of town in West Virginia

sailfin

Thanks all. I am currently checking prices on the Aqua C Remora. Doesn't sound too bad. I am also looking at the Turboflotor 1000 Multi. Both look like very good skimmers. I'll let you know which one I get and the results.

jayc

Originally Posted by sailfin
Thanks all. I am currently checking prices on the Aqua C Remora. Doesn't sound too bad. I am also looking at the Turboflotor 1000 Multi. Both look like very good skimmers. I'll let you know which one I get and the results.
I've heard there good skimmers too.

dontyss

I opted for the remora pro with the mag3 in my 125 reef tank. it works fantastically and don't forget that in a reef tank, price usually pays off in the long run. I opted for a better skimmer that would not lead to problems with my corals and fish.

sailfin

Well I ordered the Aqua Medic Turbofloter 1000 Multi. I can 't wait to get it!! Like I said before I will keep you guys updated.
BTW - I found a great price for it if anyone is interested. Less than $200.00 shipped!!!

sailfin

I have received my skimmer and will get some pics of it in action soon. It has a fairly thick foam, but my bioload is light right now due to the lack of fish in my tank. It has pulled out some thin green stuff that smells like butt. I guess it iw working right. More to come.

scarface

I like the cpr bakpak2 it works great and ive had the same pump for almost a year already with no signs of breaking down.