Happy 4Th!

hot883

The picture looks like my backyard the nights leading up to and including the 4th.
My brother and I use this day to celebrate our service to our country and the returning home realitively safe.
All the towns people come to our street to watch our night show and set up lawn chairs etc. in the front of the house as we will not allow people to be in the back as we touch off the large displays.
I love being the Mayor. Ha!
Well; Happy 4th to all and may your celebrations be safe and in remembrance of the reasons our Fore Fathers that came here.

mimzy

wow, that pic is AWESOME!! YAY!! Happy 4th y'all! Happy Fireworks!! This is my very favorite part of summer

hot883

Ok, just came inside from shooting off the goodies for the day. 4 hours straight and not even the Holiday yet. man I love this town. Ha!

mrdc

Yep we did about 2 hours worth last night over the lake. I hope too many people don't do it in my area because it's been really dry and a fire would probably start easily. I don't need those sort of "FIRE" works

hot883

Just thought I would post a couple pics. The square boxes are 750 shot each of Saturn missles and the role is 16,000 black cat fire crackers. You can see how long it is. 11 minutes straight of popping if left alone. Doubled or tripled up on itself will last like 4 minutes.
I share these with you because this is my train of thought:
Memorial Day -celebrates all that have gave their lives or have passed serving this great Nation.
Veterns Day- Celebrates all that have served.
Independence Day- Celebrates the Religious Freedoms etc. that our Fore Fathers fought for. My brother and I use it to celebrate our return, semi safe and intact from the war.

mimzy

ok, you KNOW America is the best place to be when a MAYOR has tattoos and sets off bajillions of fireworks in his yard. Hot, you SO ROCK!!!!!!! :joy: :jumping:

hot883

Thanks Mimzy Wimzy. You are right. That is America. Ha! My brother and I light a wonderful Night Display for the Town in my back yard. I pay for it every year. I line everyone up by the street in lawn chairs and kick everyone out of my back yard for safety.
What I like the best is when the Sheriff drives by real slow and you look at him, wave and toss a 200 pack of firecrackers. Ha!
Thanks Ponie, actually thats a church accross the street from my house, but about half of the houses are brick in town.