happy days are here again

golfish

If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all...Of all the toys that I have on my reef the last thing I needed to upgrade was my ca reactor...its old but worked flawless for years.

nm reef

Ouch!!!
So....are you in the market for a new one...or are you going to repair the old beast?
Either way...I'm curious...what would you suggest for my 100 display(total system has about 175 gal)...I'm seriously considering a calc reactor for my next improvement project. I'd like something relatively easy to set-up/dial-in/maintain. :thinking:

tony detroit

NM, look into the Korallin 1502, I like them and use one myself. They won't let your pH get out of control like others, they will shut themselves down. If you don't drip kalkwater already, I'd say do that first, it seems to me kalk is better if you're going to do one or the other. My CA reactor isn't all that efficient at raising CA, more alkalinity though, it raises ALK very well.
Golfish, that sucks.

flatzboy

Originally posted by golfish
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all...Of all the toys that I have on my reef the last thing I needed to upgrade was my ca reactor...its old but worked flawless for years.

Sorry about your luck, mines the same if not worse my family calls me Dennis the Menis because if anything bad can happen it will happen to me. :D

golfish

I'll probably fix it but I wont use it again. It broke too easy so it kind of makes me think its showing its age.
NM,
I have one that's about 90% finished. All I need is the pump so the builder can leak test it. There's a guy who I've known for years who started building reverse flowfluidized reactors a while back. There pretty much the talk of the town but he only sells to people who will pick em up, hence the talk of the town. I lucked out and got him to build this for me pretty fast. He's not building then right now beause his shop is been switched over to wood working but he had this one almost finished, plus the cost (160.00) is right. Its called a Hawke reactor. . I'm kind of waiting to see if this reverse flow reactor will need a second chamber. The builder says the second chamber isn't needed.
The cost on these things are crazy, I paid 110.00 for my Geo and that came with both pumps, now look what Geo and Andy want for reactors:eek: If I had not found this reactor I would have probably bought one of Andy's compact reactor with the spray bar feature.

tru conch

golfish
sorry about your bad luck. if i wasnt irish i would just have pure bad luck as well, but atleast i get short spurts of good luck from time to time. good luck with the new reactor.

golfish

Tru, that's the kicker, I'm Irish too (Mark McGuire)..Even number years have always been bad for me, well, not bad but not as good as odd number years. Maybe 2005 will be better.
NM Reef,
You have mail, I hope

dek196

golfish, where are you in socal, Is this guy still building? I have a Knopp it's pretty good (once dialed in).

golfish

Originally posted by DEK196
golfish, where are you in socal, Is this guy still building? I have a Knopp it's pretty good (once dialed in).

I'm in Alta Loma. I think he's about done with building em but you never know, he still has a web site and list them for sale.
I have setup a Knopp reactor once before for a buddy. How do you like it?

nm reef

Yup...got the mail and sent a response. Thanks man...and I always thought all those liberals from California were just mean to us normal folks....lol...just jokin'....:D

spline9

Sorry, dont mean to hijack but since theres no PMing...
DEK196: I notice youre in SB. Theres a Ventura reefers club if youre interested in joining. Check it out. http://www.masvc.com/ The club could use a few more members. :)

dek196

Originally posted by spline9
Sorry, dont mean to hijack but since theres no PMing...
DEK196: I notice youre in SB. Theres a Ventura reefers club if youre interested in joining. Check it out. http://www.masvc.com/ The club could use a few more members. :)

Thanks, I'll check it out.:yes:

dek196

Originally posted by golfish
I'm in Alta Loma. I think he's about done with building em but you never know, he still has a web site and list them for sale.
I have setup a Knopp reactor once before for a buddy. How do you like it?

I just set up the tank, a friend is moving and I am an opportunist... need I say more.
The reactor has been great so far, I had just bought a Korrallin and ended up selling it, not even opened!