hardest thing ive had to do

sweetdawn

well today i did my first pouch evacuation on a seahorse.it was very scary i was so afraid to do it. i put it off cause i was afraid of hurting him but he was starting to float on the top of the tank besides not being able to swim upright. I didnt think i was doing it right cause nothing happened but i guess i finally got the right amount of pressure and saw bubbles excape from his pouch. As soon as i was done and let him go he started swimming around normal and he seems fine now but im going to keep an eye on him.

bluelagoon

great job! i'm glad you finally worked up the nerve to do it! is he going to get to back in with the others soon?
did you get the new rock set up in the 10 gal? did you guys do it the way james at sea dweller's showed you? you haven't lost anymore fish have you? i'm pretty sad about the lion fish.
don't forget i'm coming home on saturday......
i'll be leaving here at noon so i should be home by like 1 i guess!

sweetdawn

stop in your lfs see if they have anything i would want
he was in the reef tank when i did it. he is hanging with his friends. right now he is wrapped around one of the other ones :happyfish we are having trouble getting the rocks the way he had them in the store. cant get it quite right. i took the seahorse out before we started because the rock was being completly replace and he is too delicate for that. but my 55 gallon is looking really good with the extra 12 pounds of rock

alyssia

I'm dreading the day I might have to do an evacuation on one of my horses. It sounds really scary.

rumrunner

Good work! I used to have a Erectus seahorse that I had to evacuate a few times. I think I was more stressed out than the seahorse. Take care and good luck with your horse.

bluelagoon

i'll stop by tomorrow morning and pick something up for you maybe if we can just subtract it from what i owe you... i'll call you first to make sure though. but you'll have to give me some idea of what you want!
oh i did get permission from terry johnson (the housing director) to leave my tank here over spring break. (don't worry anyone who may see this, i'll still stop in to check on it every few days, i only live an hour away and i have to come back up to work, which is like 15 minutes from school).
maybe you can have some more mushroom frags for me to bring back with me next weekend?? you know you want to! lol.