Harlequin Sweetlips

k8eydid

Hi All

I need some information from those who have or have had a Harlequin Sweetlips. I know they get VERY LARGE (up to 28-36") but how long does it take a juvenile to get this big?
Also, any other information and experiences will be helpful
Thanks!

coachklm

Ive kept one for a year, in a 90g... It became to big and was donated. plus the adult coloration is to say the least - ugly.

sepulatian

They are very hard to get to eat as juveniles. They either will or they wont, most wont. If they do eat, they pick. They cannot go with aggressive eaters. They are considered delicate while juveniles. They will eat your inverts. They lose their color as they grow. Why get a fish that you won't be able to keep, and probably won't want to?

l.i. geo

I've had a few sweetlips and never had problems getting them to eat.They have great personalitys, although the downfall is it will overgrow your tank in time to come but if you intend to upgrade to a large tank or donate it like the last poster, then go for it.

anthropo

Originally Posted by sepulatian
They are very hard to get to eat as juveniles. They either will or they wont, most wont. If they do eat, they pick. They cannot go with aggressive eaters. They are considered delicate while juveniles. They will eat your inverts. They lose their color as they grow. Why get a fish that you won't be able to keep, and probably won't want to?
agreed.....probably a fish you want to stay away from. i use to work for a fish store and every time we had one sent to us they would die due to starvation. out of all the sweetlips sent to us maybe one ate. these fish weren't ordered, they were automatically sent to us to.