Harlequin tusk with radiant wrasse??

kjr_trig

The Harlequin would be the more likely aggressor in that combo just due to being so much larger, but I don't see a problem as long as it's a resonably sized tank. Radiant are smaller reef friendly wrasses, Harlys and the Lunare you mentioned are much bigger and more likely to be belligerant. However, my Harlequin is the most passive fish I have in my big tank I can't recall ever seeing him chase or torment a smaller fish, I suspect you would be fine....."Suspect", not guarantee though.

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/2814684
The Harlequin would be the more likely aggressor in that combo just due to being so much larger, but I don't see a problem as long as it's a resonably sized tank. Radiant are smaller reef friendly wrasses, Harlys and the Lunare you mentioned are much bigger and more likely to be belligerant. However, my Harlequin is the most passive fish I have in my big tank I can't recall ever seeing him chase or torment a smaller fish, I suspect you would be fine....."Suspect", not guarantee though.

I guess I'd need to introduce the radiant first lol.

aquaknight

A radiant wrasse is in the Halichores genus and has more in common with six-line's and leopard wrasses, then Tusks and Lunares. If the radiant is added first, and you get a Tusk south of 7", I doubt he'll even notice the radiant.
That said, longevity of radiants have recently come into question. There are quite a few reports of them living to about a year in captivity, then dying out of the blue. I was planning on, actually the same two, a radiant and Tusk in my 125, before my Tusk died and I changed stocking plans.