harlequin tusk wrasse?????

clowntrigga

Can somebody tell me about these fishbecause lionfish recommended them to me as good sand cleaners.Are they hardy fish,how big do they get, are they aggressive, what do they eat,and any other info would be great guys!I have a 75 gallon tank with a amiracle wet dry and a MTC Protein skimmer. :D :D :D

lionfish

LionFish says.....
Well, I'll tell ya what they are really cool fish. They do an awesome job of stirring up the sand at night. They are realatively hardy but they can be hard to introduce into a tank. If you have good water conditions and your PH and Salintiy are correct then you should be fine. You want almost perfect water quality so the fish doesn't get poisoned. They usually don't exceed 10 inches but I have seen a couple get 12 inches. They are no small fish. They tend to be quite docile and peaceful but if any other fish hassles it in any way there will be hell to pay. They can open up a can on just about any fish but they do seem to be nicer than most wrasses. They eat all small meaty foods like any other large fish. Feed them krill, chopped squid, shrimp, and you can chop up silversides and they will be healthy. This all makes up a good balanced diet. The coolest thing about these fish is that they have blue teeth. That is really awesome. They are constantly active and they prefer to have a cave to sit in at night. They do burrow a lot but they should have a cave. Once they get used to you they will become tame and will come over to greet you. Really cool fish. Also, you may have to upgrade to a 125 gallon tank once it gets really big. Hope this helps.

lcc

I will share what I know about them; They are a hardy fish that likes good cirulation, they will eat small crustations, the older ones get these real neat blue front teeth. They will also eat meaty stuff shirmp etc. There are two types that I know of the common and Aussie.

i ordered one yesterday, there are two kind ones from AUSt. and the indo the AUSt. ones have more purple on them and are more expensive, i like him more.

pufferlover

From past experoence the Australian ones are not only more colorful they tend to keep their vivid color and are hardier then the Indo variety.