Harlequin Tusk

razoreqx

Maybe I should have posted this over here.. but.. Does anyone have experiance with a Harlequin Tusk in a reef tank?

bigmac

Good, reef safe fish if you can find a healthy one. I'd try and get one from Australia if you can..A big tank is needed (100 plus gals) plus their big eaters so you'll need some good fitration..

blueface

If you want a fish that eats all your shrimp, hermits , & crabs then I guess I would call it reef safe.:notsure:

razoreqx

Originally posted by blueface
If you want a fish that eats all your shrimp, hermits , & crabs then I guess I would call it reef safe.:notsure:

Well thats what im talking about.. IF they make a diet of my cleaning crew I guess I'll have to live without him... I was just wondering if anyone had success with this fish and a cleanup crew... IE by keeping him fed.. etc..

beachbumtx

HIya!,
I love this guy. He has not grown in over a year. I have hermits and a sand sifter starfish. He doesn't bother them. However, he will eat any shrimp I put in there.
He has not become aggressive at all to his tank mates. Hiwever, he nipped at one of my corals yesterday for the first time that I have seen. He better not make a habbit of that!

bigmac

Originally posted by blueface

right about that.....I don't keep a Tusk fish but then I don't keep craps and shrimp either