Harlequin Tusk

ma

Would it work to keep only one harlequin tusk in a 75 and only that one fish, because I know they get big? Would it get lonely? And what cleaning crew would work?
:help:

wanabebell

if it was a species ony sure and no it shouldnt get lonly
plus if it did you can always add a damsel to keep it company
for a cleaning crew the only thing that mine will leave alone is a tiger crowrie for some reason :notsure:
but if your wanting more than a harly id say no
also get an ausie if your gonna get one its well worth the extra money

ma

aong with my original question, what damsel would go nicely with the tusk. I don't like really big or aggressive damsels?

peter1215

I have a tusk an hes now about 5 inches . I have him in a five foot 120g tank and will be getting larger tank soon as i also have three angles in there. (flame, queen and juvi french). I love the tusk , he very hardy , eats everything and doesnt bother anyone.

nictavius

I had a Harlequin in my 75 G with a large Black Damsel, even though it was silver and yellow, and it bullied the harlequin badly, it wouldn't even eat i ended up taking him back.....So, if you are gonna try this put the harlequin in first.....

S

shark bait

Won't say it won't work, but the tusk is a shy, not to often bold wrasse. It lives alone in the wild so keeping one is no big deal. It should have tank mates who can stand their ground if need be. It likes a good place to hide to sleep and can become agressive if prevoked. The tusk from Australia have a better chance in the home tank. have been known to get up to 40 cm.

S

shark bait

Family: Labridae
Range: Indo-Pacific
Size: Up to 10 inches
Diet: Carnivore
Tank Set-up: Marine: Coral or rock, plants
Reef Compatible: With caution
Tank Conditions: 72-78ºF; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4

wanabebell

heres a couple pictures of mine
Ive had to make way to many tank mate changes becuse of the tusk getting bullied
the only thing the tusk will get agressive with is another wrasse(a BIG BIG no no which i learnt the hardway) and a trigger due to the fact that triggers are actually closly related to wrasses

ma

i also have one more question, i know that tusks are known to jump, i have a glass top, but at the back of the tank there is about 2 inches of space where the skimmer and filter are, will a tusk try to jump out of that?