Has anyone heard of this brand??????

dan hanna

I was looking on ---- to buy a new skimmer and came across this wet/dry filter with a built in skimmer??? It is the TOM PRO SERIES for $239.99????? Does anyone have any input on this brand ??? If this filter is garbage what do you think about SEACLONE , CORALIFE skimmers????? Or does anyone recomend a good brand of skimmer for me ???

nordy

I bought a Seaclone skimmer for my 55 gal FOWLR tank because the one that came built into my Sealife systems wet/dry sump filter just didn't work very well.
Once I got the Seaclone air bleed dialed in, it has worked well and is consistently pulling the bad stuff out of the water with a minimum of waste water. My take on skimmers is don't go cheap, expect to have to fiddle with the air bleed, and keep the powerhead filter clean (if yours has a filter on it-recommended). Also, excessive use of stress coat products can intefere with effective foaming action.
I am sure others will chime in with opinions on their fav skimmers!

dan hanna

Thanks for the help... Yea my last sump i bought hade a built in skimmer and it was worthless.. so for some crazy reason i find myself looking at another one... I really like the built in idea but don't want to go through that same bs again. If all else fails and i can't find one that does a good job i will buy a skimmer thats not built in..