Has anyone used Koralia pumps with the Red Sea Wavemaster Pro

24saltydog

I am considering getting a Wavemaster pro but I have heard that they do not work well with the hydor koralia pumps. Has anyone used this combination with any success? I have read some posts stating that you can place air line tubing on the shaft to reduce chatter. I really do not want to replace my pumps with mj 1200 with mod kits. Any info would be helpful.

renogaw

hk's do not work well with any wave master, but i believe hk DID come out with a setup that works with their pumps

renogaw

oh, and get rid of the HK for the maximod. the flow on mine is so much better than 2 of my hk4's. problem is you need to make sure it points upwards or the iimpeller gets caught on the opening and makes a lot of banging noises

scsinet

Originally Posted by renogaw
http:///forum/post/3158873
hk's do not work well with any wave master, but i believe hk DID come out with a setup that works with their pumps
+1
Ditto all that. Hydor does make a system, but unfortunately you need the special DC version of the powerheads and the wavemaker box. There isn't anything out there that will work with the "regular" koralias.