Have lots of questions....

circesmagic

I have a few questions and would like to speak to someone knowledgable..would you be willing to speak on the phone, I would be willing to call any place in the US. Please email me at CircesMagic@aol.com
My husband and I are very new to this hobby and want to make sure we are making the right decisions, I feel that my fish dude "yes's" me so that I will spend more money at his shop. I would hate to be doing my fish more harm then good....thanks so much!

lexluethar

If you just post your questions, i'm sure you'll get TONS of answers. I would avoid doing something over the phone because then you will be getting only one persons opinion, and unless he/she is a moderator at this site, i would be there is someone on the site that would disagree with the opinion - or something may be left out.
Just post your questions on this thread, and there are LOTS of people that will give you there input / answers. I've realized in this hobby there isn't always a clear-cut way of doings something. I've heard one thing on this board, tried something different and it worked. Do what works for you within your budget, time, and expertise.
Mike

spanko

Nothing better than posting questions here and getting varied views on the subject. The learning experience is worth it.

srfisher17

LexLuethar said:
If you just post your questions, i'm sure you'll get TONS of answers. I would avoid doing something over the phone because then you will be getting only one persons opinion, and unless he/she is a moderator at this site, i would be there is someone on the site that would disagree with the opinion - or something may be left out.
Just post your questions on this thread, and there are LOTS of people that will give you there input / answers. I've realized in this hobby there isn't always a clear-cut way of doings something. I've heard one thing on this board, tried something different and it worked. Do what works for you within your budget, time, and expertise.
Agree too! If you get a call; how would you know it isn't the same guy that's been selling you all along? This is a hobby where there are more opinions, based on experience & research, than there are "set in stone" answers.It is also a hobby where two opposite answers can be right.That's why this is a forum; not an encyclopedia.Go slow, have patience, ask, ask, ask, do research; get a good book about the basics (research which book!); and you'll be well rewarded. It's hard to explain; but you'll learn who to listen to and who not to. It doesn't mean someone is always right or wrong---but is usually on "the same page" with you.