have question burlin turbo hanging

coorsxman

I bought a used burlin protien skimmer 25-250 gallon hanging..k i think i got all the parts i have pump, thats goes in the water and some pvc pipe..and a black hose i think it goes on the pump to and outlet on the skimmer right? theres two outlets tho,and when i turned it on it was leaking water out of the other outlet,and the water didnt fill up to the cap..can anyone help me?
1.. whats the two outlets for,why is one leaking
2. where do i put the pump? top or bottom of tank?
3..do i have to hang it or can i run pvc pipe and put it in my cabnet under my tank..
thx for ur help

surfnturf

1. Reason for leaking unknown, perhaps someone else has seen this happen
2. Pump placement does not matter as long as it doesn't suck air or sand (or CC)
3. You cannot plumb any skimmer in the way you describe, the top of the skimmer MUST be above the water level, the only way you can use the skimmer remotely would be to use an overflow/sump configuration.
Hope all of that helps, if you have any questions let me know.

S

starfishjackedme

You can plug the two ports that leak. That is a common problem.

coorsxman

thx for your reply surf...i might go the sump way i think..on the protein skimmer theres a black hose going from the pump to one of the air outlets do i need that on...and are u saying i can plug the other one up?

kb

The water only comes out of the 2nd hole(not the black hose) if the return tubes are blocked! If you have problems you should call RedSea(they make the skimmer)! The black hose is how the pump create the bubbles, it has to be out of the water sucking in fresh air.

javatech

the small black hose is for the turbojet air injector
the two small ports on the top are the water outlet stabilizer vent pipes if you have water coming out of them you need to reduce the flow rate of the water at the skimmer inlet
if you cant find a manaul at the redsea website www.redseafish.com i can copy mine for you and sendb it to you

javatech

one end hooks up to the pump and go's true the screw on the side and you adj the air flow with the screw the top hose barb's are left open unless you use an ozone reactor