Haze in Acrylic

atlfishes

The tank is empty. I've been using a Craftics polishing scratch removal kit. I sanded, then polished then is has a cleaner. It says on the instructions to continue to polish if haze exists. I've been working on this all day and its not getting any better. lDoes anyone have any suggestions?

acrylic51

Which craftics cleaner are you using???? Craftics makes several different acrylic polishers and cleaners......You might have to use a more agressive acrylic cleaner by Craftics and work your way to the real fine polishing finish stuff.

atlfishes

I'll have to check when I get home. It had a really coarse sand paper and then a fine piece. Didn't use the coarse, but something in between. It came with a plastic polish and cleaner.

acrylic300

Get a drill with a buffer wheel, and or an orbital buffer. Use finer and finer compounds. I finished off with Acrylic scratch remover for automobiles.
Here is some pics of an old tank that was real bad--so bad it was free :cheer:

atlfishes

I have a buffer wheel I can use. I also ordered a Novus kit. Do I just put the Novus liquid on the buffer and go at it?

acrylic300

To tell you the truth I used turtle wax products. Started with gritty compounds then finished with waxes and some kind of scratch remover (cant remember the name). It's all good. If you use a high speed buffer move it around alot. It's the same as buffing a car if you have ever done that. I finished it off with the orbital buffer (not high speed). You can actually do it by hand but it takes much, much, much longer.