Headache Help

whyamisofl

I cannot believe I am turning to the aquarium forum for health issues......but I am about to give up if it doesn't get better.
Little background - severe MVA (motor vehicle accident) in 2002, car rolled on my head 7 times. Lost complete vision in left eye, never to return. I'm 26.
Anyway, so I rarely drink and I went out Saturday night. Got tipsy but came back down around 2am or so. (Jager and Goldschlagger) Friend is a cop and he always brings alcohol meters with him to parties so that ppl don't drive drunk. Well, when I left the party I was at .0001
Get home, go to bed. Wake up 6 hours later with a splitting headache. Take 1000mg (usual dose) of Tylenol. 2 hours later no relief, 1000mg again. Well, every 2 hours I took at least 500mg trying to get some relief - nothing.
Get 10 hours of sleep Sunday night, wake up Monday morning - same deal. Dizzy, naseau, splitting head. I don't feel like I have a migraine, but could be one soon, so I pop a migraine pill - fall asleep for 2 more hours. Wake up to the same symptoms. Over the course of the day, I ingest 12,000mg of Tylenol, never getting relief.
Get 10 more hours of sleep Monday night. That brings us to today. I woke up and decided to take it a little easier today and only take 500mg - stomach doesn't agree. So I haven't taken any meds today.
I have been drinking water like I am a camel and been eating just fine.....but nothing will kick this dizziness or feeling of my head wanting to pop. Ever hour I put a ice bag on my neck, which is the only thing that offers relief as long as I don't move.
I have taken Monday and today off due to not being able to focus......I HAVE to go to work tomorrow............................................
I have no insurance, so the doctor is out of the question at this point.
ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE??? SUGGESTIONS??? IDEAS???

mimzy

what migraine pill did you take?
when you ingest alcohol, you dehydrate yourself, which effects the flow of blood through your veins. This is often why people who are prone to migraines will get one after drinking. Tylenol will not help you here, as it is not a vasodilator - which is what is required to treat a migraine.
you were so far into your migraine at the point you took your pill, that the dose was not enough. PLUS, you've taken so much Tylenol that you are now having rebound headaches from it.
Stop taking Tylenol. NOW. You're going to destroy your liver.
Keep drinking water, but also get some Gatorade or Pedialyte; water is great, but it doesn't have electrolytes in it, and eventually you'll dilute yourself if you don't replenish.
I'm sorry to say it, but you need to be seen by a medical professional. ... there has to be a free clinic somewhere in your area - if you add any medication on top of the amount of Tylenol you've been taking, you're putting yourself at a huge risk.

whyamisofl

Maxalt is the migraine medicine I was prescribed. I am to the point where I feel "out of body" and everything is in slow motion.......not a feeling I like.

lovethesea

I am with Mimzy....rehydrate yourself. (even though you really were not that intoxicated, alcohol really takes it out of you) Try a dose of Ex-strength Excedrin (I use Wal-Mart brand, Walgreens brand etc) don't go for the expensive Ex-str. Execdrin Migraine......its the exact same thing as regular
Ex str. Excedrin.
Ugh, I feel for you, I (with Mimzy) suffer from migraines......nothing, nothing worse, something you can't get away from.
If it continues you really need to go the the ER or similar.......something else could be wrong.

whyamisofl

Originally Posted by Mimzy
http:///forum/post/2795628
I'm sorry to say it, but you need to be seen by a medical professional. ... there has to be a free clinic somewhere in your area
I have done google searches as I cannot concentrate on the phone book long enough and haven't been able to find one in the Loveland, Colorado area.....

whyamisofl

Sorry, let me rephrase my original post. I took tylenol all day sunday and a mix of Excedrin and Tylenol on Monday. Excedrin is generally what I grab for headaches.

mimzy

Originally Posted by whyamisofl
http:///forum/post/2795680
So should I take another migraine pill or just try to sleep tonight
i wouldn't take anything else on top of what's already in your system. you could be sick right now b/c of what you've taken.
you might feel better in the morning once some of it has been flushed from your system. are you urinating regularly?
try try try to get some electrolytes.

whyamisofl

I'm urinating like its going out of style.........feel like I can't keep anything in me!
I haven't taken any meds today other than the 500mg that came right back up.
I'm falling asleep/getting dizzy in front of the screen so I am headed to bed. I will do my best not to take anything if I wake up.

mimzy

Originally Posted by whyamisofl
http:///forum/post/2795707
I'm urinating like its going out of style.........feel like I can't keep anything in me!
I haven't taken any meds today other than the 500mg that came right back up
you're vomiting too?
type out a complete list of the symptoms you are experiencing right now.
color/smell of your urine
color/smell of your vomit

whyamisofl

only threw up this morning when I tried to take more excedrin.
urine - light yellow, normal smell (nothing strange)
vomit - mostly clear - nasty acid taste

mimzy

sounds to me like u od'd on OTC meds.
detox tonight. get gatorade or pedialyte. drink some broth. have some crackers but not too much salt. have a bit of protein and NO sugar. take it easy. ice on your neck will help, and DON'T TAKE ANYTHING. (unless it's for nausea).
...but if you're still dizzy tomorrow, or if you start feeling really bad in the middle of the night, you really, really need to see someone.

lovethesea

holy crud.........don't take anything else(execdrine has tylenol, apsrin and caffine) . Fluids and like Mimzy said remember or have someone involved with you. Go to ER or clinic tomorrow if this continues. Something has changed, could really just be a virus that just timed into your "fun". There is a nasty little stomach thing that is going around my kids school that is lasting about 3-4 days.
Take care, really, head to the ER if you can't find a clinic.

mimzy

oy. Why. Feel better.
and please check in with us tomorrow. i'm going to be a worried wreck until we hear from you again.

nw2salt08

I hope you feel better tomorrow. Definitely follow the advice that everyone is recommending. If you get worse headache or vomiting wise you need to go immediately to the hospital to get checked out. The good thing bout going there is they will work with you cost wise and not to mention you can't put a price on your life and health. Keep us updated and I'll be thinking bout ya.

el guapo

I agree rehydrate . Gatorade or pedialite . No more over the counter meds period . If its not better in the morning got to the ER you could be suffering from something more than just dehydration and a headache.

whyamisofl

Head is better this morning, still dazed, but very little pain.
Stomach is still mad though, no vommiting, but can still taste the acid.
Thanks everyone for their help!!

nw2salt08

well, at least you're starting to feel better. I was worrying bout ya all night.
I guess that's the mommy in me. lol