Heat problem with tank brace?

rrcjr1972

I received my aquamedic 2x250 mh. I installed it, hanging from ceiling. My problem is the brace is getting hot to point of deforming. I had the lights 6" off top of tank and now 9". Still getting too hot. What can I do to remedy this problem?

mtennant

LOL I got 5 Metal Halide lights and thay are 10" above the water and LOTS of FANS!!!!!!! And I had to buy a chiller too!!..

ukcats

Originally Posted by Mtennant
LOL I got 5 Metal Halide lights and thay are 10" above the water and LOTS of FANS!!!!!!! And I had to buy a chiller too!!..

Walking on the sun!!!

frankthetank

Originally Posted by HiFi
Try putting tin foil on the brace to reflect the heat & light.
Lots of fans, tin foil... I bet that is pleasureable to the eye. Why do people use mh again?

frankthetank

Originally Posted by HiFi
Because its the best

Umm, if I have to doctor my tank up with fans everywhere, and tin foil on braces and buy a chiller... I don't think so.
I'll just stick with the PC I have and a T5 for my new tank setup this summer. I don't have to create an eyesore to make them work.

mtennant

LOL... hay when it snows here all I have to do is open the window and BAM!!! Snow is gone!!! :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

hifi

For what I keep I need mh, & I love'em, & we know they give off heat I have the burns on my arm to prove it
. Beleve me my tank is no eye sore, or my wife would have a fit

frankthetank

Originally Posted by Mtennant
LOL... hay when it snows here all I have to do is open the window and BAM!!! Snow is gone!!! :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious
:hilarious

ratrod

never put MH above the center brace at any height trust me you'll be sorry. The next thing that will happen is the center brace will crack from the inside corner of the brace to the front of the tank and the same in the back on the opposite side. Your only hope is more air movement. Dont give up on your MH nothing else compares