Heater Location?

neowind

I have been wondering for quite a bit does it matter where the heater is in the tank? Is it ok to put it in the back of a corner style tank? Will it matter if its behind the LR? I kind of want to get it out of the main view here is a picture of where it is now do you think I could move it to the "V" shape back in the back and it be ok?

smpross

It is most important that the heater be located in an area with great circulation. As long as the circulation in the tank is good, the location should not be a problem. Good Luck. Scott

pokdbz

I have a powerhead pretty close to my heater so that I get good circulation with the warm water. Maybe if you put one next to it??

robchuck

I would move it behind the rocks in the corner and add a smaller powerhead to increase the circulation back there. Moving the heater would be a great excuse to increase the circulation behind your rocks to keep detritus from building up, plus the tank would look cleaner.

neowind

Well honestly I thought I was a little overkill already on my flow I may not be though. I have 635gph running through my tank right now maybe thats not enough im not sure hehe.

fender

I have mine sitting in my CPR Bak Pak skimmer. Your wet-dry would be a good spot as long as it's submerged.