Heater placement

gatorjit

I live in Naples, FL (SW Florida) and am trying to figure out my heater requirements. I am planning on (2) 75W or (2) 100W heaters. Is this sufficient for a 75 SW? Also, should I place both in the same location (sump), pr should I put one in sump and one in tank? THX

seatank

two 100w should be ok you can place them both in your sump one on each side to distribute the heat even in the sump.:)

Hi,
I agree, I have a 75g and I have 2 100W heaters. I have them in my tank one on each side of the tank on the back wall to evenly distribute heat.
Also, you live in a much warmer climate than I do, so you may be able to get by with 2 75 and save $$.. But I would say Y save a few bucks now....
I am in this tank for over 1000.00 in 7 days.. LOL
and the FT, stand and canopy were only 293.00 ON SALE & a teenager at the register.. should have been 605.00 =) =)
Merry X-mas to me!
P.S. I want to buy one of those units you hook up to your sink to filter the water for water changes....
First, what is the correct name for this..(RO??). Do they come in diff sizes and how much should I be paying for this>>75G BTW.. =)
Thanking you kindly, kim :confused: :D

mersonly1

gotta love those teenagers....................have one at the lfs i go to i try to get in there when she is there heheheheh