Heelllppp!!! Xenia Wound/infection?!?!?

howardj

I don't know what is wrong with my xenia!!!!!
It has some white wound on both stalks!! I don't know what it is, but it does NOT look good!!
does anyone know what to do?!

WHY DONT THESE PICTURES WORK??!??????!!!!!!

the wound is a light colored patch that has a slit in it. It is on both stalks and is bulging out.
PLEASE HELP!

alix2.0

mine does this sometimes, i think its part of growing a new bud. your probably OK, but see if you can post the pic from photobucket or imageshack, those are the only ways to post pics that i am aware of.

alix2.0

well on my xenia, i sometimes get the white bulging parts after ive fragged it, i think its the cut healing over. but if youve never fragged it, im not sure... it certainly doesnt look like its dying (IME when xenia dies it turns yellow and melts) maybe it is growing a new arm?
i wouldn't worry too much about it, unless it starts to look really bad or the ends start to melt, in which case i personally would cut the bad parts out, leaving as much of the stalk as possible, and it will regrow.

dragonboy

Thats just complexion of the xenia stalk sometimes and also when its healing they tend to change a bit of color from time to time but they will be alright.

turtle66

My pulsing xenia look like that when they are about to "move"...its almost like they grow a leg and move out of that area...

salt monger

leave it... it's normal, it's growing.... it's a good thing, just keep it away from the bulk of your rockwork.... once it grows on, it'll spread like plague...

bronco300

yep i think you'll be just fine, once you see it starting to melt away or anything then be worried...but should be just fine