heinachus butterfly

liz50138

I was thinking about adding a heinachus butterfly to my tank but wasn't sure how large of a tank i would need. The description said enough room to swim around freely, but did not give an exact amount. I have a 75 gal fowlr that has been set up for about 9 months. Also have a green chromis, neon goby, blue hippo and a clarki. Thanks for any advice

leopard_babe

I considered getting 1 for my 46. Soon to be moved into a bigger tank. So my lfs ordered one for me. When they came in they were HUGE. They have those long fins, they like to stretch them out. IMO I believe that these fish should be kept in a bigger tank then a 72. I have never kept one, but these fish were rather big. So when it says that they need room to swim, then you need to have ALOT of room. If you have a lot of rockwork it could become crammed when the buterfly gets bigger. I THINK that you could start with one in a 72, but it COULD out grow it. The ones that were at the lfs were rather large. I guess it would also depend on the dimensions of your tank. That is just my 2 cents. Like I said I have never kept one before.