hello about LR food

movadoman21

hello i ran out of LR food and i went to a differnt LFS and i told him i need food for my live rock and he gave me this stuff call marine snow is that good for LR or is that only good for corals?
write back
from
chris

a&m aggie 04'

what do you mean by live rock food, calcium???
I believe Marine Snow is a brand of phytoplankton much like DT's. Its used to feed corals.
Mark

michaeltx

never heard of a LR food. theres coral food and invert foods and fish foods but I have never heard of a LR food.
now there are critters that live in the LR that benifit from an occasional feeding but nothing a pinch of flake food wont take care of..
sounds more like a snowjob to me. what was this LR food called?>?
Mike

movadoman21

ok the first LR food that i got was when i bought the LR was called nutra sea LIVE ROCK AND SPONGE FOOD. the directons said to drip 50 drops inside my tank every two days. so i ran out of that stuff and i went to a differnt LFS and they gave me marine snow(plankton diet). i dont have inverts or corals just the brown LR. need MH's before i get inverts.

michaeltx

yeah I wouldnt worry about using anything like that there is some stuff thats alive on the rock but nothing that really needs to be fed. I just through in a pinch of flake food ocassionally so there a little something for the critters in the rock to eat. most of the stuff that comes on the rock wont start showing up until the lights and conditions are met.
Mike