Hello Cranberry

halamaya

Sorry it took me so long, but the Mini Marine Betta I was talking about is called a Plesiops Betta. Still working on teh picture thing.

halamaya

You can buy it through this website. Type in Plesiops in the search bar. They sell em for 71 bucks I got mine for 40 not bad.

halamaya

Not sure haven't ever seen them at the pet store befor. Deffinatley not a Marine betta, the marine betta is a Calloplesiops or something like that. Same family, Only he sits on the ground and doesnt do any open water swimming. Well he is quick to swim out and snatch a shrimp or 3.

fmarini

Halamaya--
i think your getting confused. Fish of the genus Calloplesiops and Plesiops are often called "salt water betta fish"' or marine bettas. A more common pleisiops in the hobby is Plesiops corallicola, a rather unremarkable, but hardy tankmate, very secretive, and as you mentioned it uses its fins to "perch" upright on the substrate.
Like you i was also not able to find a Plesiops betta, using my usual fish ID websites.While fishbase is not complete- they have spent alot of time outlining fish, so if its a species of Plesiops- it would be listed, but maybe not filled in, and it isnt.
care to look thru 28 species to see what your fish might be?

halamaya

I'll ask my man at the LFS. He had just written the name down on the side of the tank for me at the LFS. He might know, he seems to know everything else. My Plesiops is very aggressive, anything smaller than him is in trouble. It was the first time I had ever seen one there or anywhere.