Hello from a new guy

joeyfine

Hello,
My name is Joe and i am new to this. I just wanted to say hello and I hope to learn alot from you guys.

meowzer

HI JOEY
Welcome to SWF, and you will receive LOTS of help here.
What type of tank do you have (or are you getting)

joeyfine

I have a 135 gallon tank. i've read that bigger tanks are more forgiving for new people. so i figure to go big. im building a wroght iron stand myself. (i have a thing for asthectics). i've always had freshwater fish but i am finishing my basement and i want this tank to be a focal point. my buddy has a salt water tank and i have never seen anything so beatuiful so i had to start. it seems like such an amazing hobby! i am excited to learn.

florida joe

umm I would suggest you change you first name on the board you may be mistaken for a real trouble maker
Welcome

joeyfine

he he i got it... the 101 tips thread is pretty amazing. i didnt know there was soo much to learn about salt water.

S

shrimpy brains

Hi Joey! Welcome!
If you haven't already, may I suggest you read the "stickies" in the new hobbiest section! You will find alot of useful info. there!
Also, we have a strong need for pics.!! Let's start with that stand you are building! Sounds cool!

joeyfine

I just got my tank today. once i get the measurements down i am going to build the stand. a combination or wrought iron and cherry wood. here comes my questions for you guys. should i put all equipment under the tank?

ibanez

You arent planning on using the under ground filtration right? Your using a sump? That is pretty cool, you took the picture in 2003.

ibanez

Well for a sump system. It would be ideal to have your tank professionally drilled for an overflow. You can purchase an overflow box, but they aren't fail-safe and you would sleep better at night with a drilled tank overflow. Which of those two routes would you like to do and we will go from there.

joeyfine

the tank came with one hole drilled already? how many holes will i need? I already have the tools to drill glass (my neighbor owns a glass shop). so i have no problems doing it.