hello! new tank owner

highlander68

greetings every one here! my wife and i just got our 54 gallon tank up and running. the first for her, while i had a 30 gallon fresh in middle school and high school.
we have a blue spotted puffer, a flame, a dwarf lion, 2 blue chromis, a royal gramma and two althenas (spelling?). straight up tank with three rocks formed in an arch with two decorations. looking forward to hearing from others!
102556045_1168671580156963_8670398510701588718_n.jpg

jay0705

welcome to sw.
Now the big questions. How did you cycle the tank? Thats alot of fish for 54. The lion will eat your gramma and possibly the anthias.
Sw is much different then fw. Far less fish in a tank compared to fw. Very slowly add fish. Such as 1 or 2 fish a month.
Also live rock is dam near a must have for a sw tank to flourish

lmforbis

Agreed. Lions and small fish don’t mix. About a pound of live rock per gallon is typical. This provides the biological filtration and recreates a reef like habitat for the fish. I see one power head in your tank. I’d suggest a second one. You want a lot of water movement in the tank, think about waves crashing onto the reef this is what the fish are used to. Replicating their natural environment as close as possible helps make the tank successful.