Help 29 Gal Bio Cube

roushinator

Hello,
I am new here but i have had a nano tank before. I am now trying to setup a new Bio Cube 29 gal. I am having a problem though.
When i filled the tank up with water the pump seemed to suck the water so fast that it kept emptying the resivior. SO to compensate i had to keep filling it up with water. Now the tank is almost to the very top but the pump is still emptying out the resivior. Is there a way to adjust the pump to slow down a bit or am i missing something? Thanks.

roushinator

Originally Posted by coraljunky
You should be able to adjust the overflow baffle to allow more water in the filtration sump.
How..............

azkid

You just have to fill as much water as possible w/out having the tank overflow entirely. I have the same Biocube29 Nano. I was extremely unhappy with the tank initially, but now it's great, although I do have a new tank w/ 2 False Perculas. And about 14 lbs of Fiji Liverock. I'm slowly getting my tank to mature...so far so good. Although my Nitrate is a little high, it has gradually declined to 30ppm from 40ppm.

snaredrum

I have a 29 BioCube and had the same problem. If you are going to use the carbon filter you can not put it in the slots. I put mine at an angle so that there is more water behind in the first chamber. This fixed that problem. Now the rest, the back wall is a little short. Watch so your fish don't jump and end up in the sump in the back. When you put your hand and arm in the tank, watch the back wall. The fish will go there when you put your hand in and get washed over the back. As far as the middle chamber, I started with removing the Bio Balls and putting Live Rock in its place. I use that for a bout 2 months and then I pulled the Live Rock and replaced with a Sapphire Aquatics BC29 Protein Skimmer. What a difference. You might want to look into one of these someday. Good luck with the tank. I love mine now but at first I was wondering.