Help about ICH

longx412

I have a 60 gallon tank. Running for about 1 1/2 month already
So far I have about 60 lb of LR and 50 Lb or LS.
Fish in the tank:
2 clown fish
2 blue tang.
Mandarin Goby
2 firefish.
Inverts:
2 cleaner shrimp
peppermint shrimp
emerald crabs.
snails / hermits
Both my blue tang had ich a few days ago. But every morning the ICH is gone. I'm assumming that the cleaner shrimp cleaned them. So ICH was gone. Few days later it came back with twice as much as last time. Again it disappeared this morning. This is really bad for the fish and what should I do. I have so much fish to take out try to get it cured. What is hyposalinity? I have an old medicine called RID ICH+ Whats the best thing I can do here.
Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

longx412

Ok i'll decided to do hyposalinity. Something about keeping the salinity at 1.010? or PPT at 14? I will get started when i'm sure this is the right thing that i'm doing. I will do this at a seperate 20 gallon tank. Can I just use a heater and a air pump for the hospital tank?

bioreefer

keep in mind that some fish carry parasite in the body some need that to live but as far as that goes I cant remember what type tangs carry is ratter small someone I forgot. I done many fresh water dips but I don't reconmend it but I would do hypo before RID ICK yes hypo 14ppt is 1.010 set up seem ok to me two to three week in hypo with freshwater dips I did them myself never lost a fish that by it can hurt them if you do not know what your doing. hypo is a lot safer next fish I have to treat will be hypo!!!! I do not like meds !!!!!!!!! there are better ways

bioreefer

beth and Terry B can help you with hypo there mods in the treatment part of message boards they will walk you threw the hypo better than I can take care.. BioReefer

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, hyposalinity is the best treatment. In the FAQ thread above the procedure is outlined. It may be eaiser for you to house your LR in a large container with some PHs, rather than taking out your rock. As long as you don't have corals, inverts, this should be fine.
Definately don't put meds in your tank.
Also, on your way down the FAQ thread to the hypo info, take a look at the QT posts! That is the way to go if you want to keep healthy fish.