HELP! Anemone and Horse Shoe Crab problem!

My horse shoe crab went right into my anemone and got stuck. It somehow got its way out and now has little pink things on it rom the anemone. Is my crab going to die? And as far as my anemone, did it get any damage?
Immediately after the crab got out the anemone began to close up.
Thankkk you!

markus0909

DO NOT own a horseshoe crab unless you have a 300 gal tank that is all sand and little to no obsticales. The horseshoe is very clumsy and quite frankly, not very smart. They are very cool, but need to be kept in a tank specific for them. In their natural world, they live in open ocean sand bottom territory looking for rotting food on the sand bed.
I made the mistake of getting one myself about 15 years ago and felt really bad watching it try to survive in my tank with all the rock and obsticles. I canstantly was prying it out of rock crevases. If you have an anemone, it will constantly swim right into it.
Good Luck.

Originally Posted by markus0909
http:///forum/post/3027284
DO NOT own a horseshoe crab unless you have a 300 gal tank that is all sand and little to no obsticales. The horseshoe is very clumsy and quite frankly, not very smart. They are very cool, but need to be kept in a tank specific for them. In their natural world, they live in open ocean sand bottom territory looking for rotting food on the sand bed.
I made the mistake of getting one myself about 15 years ago and felt really bad watching it try to survive in my tank with all the rock and obsticles. I canstantly was prying it out of rock crevases. If you have an anemone, it will constantly swim right into it.
Good Luck.
Thanks! Unfortunately, my LFS did NOT tell me this, and now I cannot find the crab. I hope he is underneath the sand.