HELP!!!! anemone invasion

2boyz

i have an anemone(big ,brown with green and pink tips, not sure what type but my maroon clown loves it)has move onto the rocks which house my yellow leather and green finger corals. they do not like him being there at all. :mad: he has been there about three days now and seems to like it there(alot of current). Is there any way i can cut those corals off the rocks and attach them somewhere else,hopefully where that anemone will not go.:confused:

Anemone's will move anywhere they want to anytime they want to do it. That usually does cause commotion in the tank. I recently had the same problem. I did not uproot the corals that have been hanging around in the same spot forever, but instead moved the rock with the errant anemones into a different tank where they couldn't harm or annoy anything. Good luck. Anemones's on the move can be a real problem.

jawfishray

...then don't do that.
Sorry, not being an ass, just musing.
If your Anemone likes the current flow, redirect it slightly until it has moved away from your corals. I moved a couple big anemones but they were not in reef tanks so I had no worries, so no help there.
Good luck!
Ray

cprdnick

how about just moving the whole rock structure that the corals are on along with the anenome. If it likes that particular area of water flow then he will move back to that spot when he sees that the current has changed where he currently is. OR as stated above, just redirect the waterflow. :)