help, anenome

hickey

Why is my anenome shrivelled up i have had it for 2 weeks know and it looked good, now it is shriveled up for the last 2 days and nights and looks dead.

xrayman

Is it still attached to something mine will get small and look that way but it comes back.I'm new but i would think if it is still attached to something it is ok,but i'm new to this

katara

Try to see if it has a strong stench to it..you'll be able to smell it from the top of your water,if so,be VERY careful and syphon it out without letting it break up into your tank as it will release toxins lethal to your tank inhabitants.It may just be releasing old waste/water and getting ready to reinflate..keep a close eye.Good luck.

lnarobbins

check your nitrates, you need strong light and good water flow to wash out the wast of the anenome if it smells bad, then it is dead. and you need to remove it.
JMO
Alan

Anemones shrink and expand on a regular basis, this is how they expell waste. There is only one opening, serves as both mouth and anus. It is not hard to tell when they are dead.

adrian

Hickey, post your set up, lighting, filtration, water quality, ect. Anemones are not very easy to care for, and they do not last long in the wrong enviroment.
Make sure your PealScale Butterfly isnt trying to eat your anemone! <hr></blockquote>
Bradsmack, its pearl scale butterfly, maybe you should pay attention to your own grammer :D