Help Any MSX200 Owners

casper1875

My MSX200 skimmer came in today.
Now I don't have a clue how to put it together. I have the directions. Do you have to use any of the purple plumbing stuff on it? My Remora C was easy. This is not. It came with a clear tube and a milky looking tube. I see where a tube needs to be connected to the silencer, but neither one of the tubes fit there very well. I put the plug in the collection cup. There is this 1" circle that has three rows of plastic pegs on it. I can't find them anywhere on the paper. There's an 8" X about 2" piece of plastic netting. I don't see that anywhere either. The needle wheel pump looks like it's missing something.I can see where the fitting goes for that. The bottom of it has a thread with nothing attached, and there is this small hard plastic tube. What goes there? Is there some place for a prefilter? The plastic pipes, I think I have them like the picture. do they fit really snug?
Now I feel like a dumb woman. How am I ever going to hook all this stuff up?
I know the skimmer ( when it's together) goes into the sump. I have a Mag 18 pump that I bought after I got the sump. I know I'll need plumbing. My husband wants nothing to do with this. He said he'ld help me level my stand on Saturday, but that he doesn't know about the rest of it. I'm charging my camera now, but I can't post any pics until Saturday.

casper1875

I went to the site I ordered it from and I figured out the milky tube attaches to the pump and to the silencer. I did not see any of the purple piumbing stuff on it.
Do these get a pre-filter? I did not see any. I read that the plastic stuff is extra for future use. I still don't know about the round brush looking thing or the clear tube. Anyone know?

joncat24

The milky looking and clear tubes are air lines. The clear one is best to use. They go from the silencer to the air intake on the pump.
The brush looking thing is prolly the mesh wheel for the impellar. It goes in to pump.
The plumbing should be set up like the picture is on the website. And it does not get glued together. Make sure the wedge pipe, the pipe with the diagonal cut, is fully seated in to the pipe it goes into or you will not be able to adjust the water level in the skimmer. Plug it in and set it so that the water level is about even with where the neck starts to taper up. Let it run for a few days at this level until it gets broken in, which could take anywhere from 2 days to a week or so.

casper1875

The clear airline does not fit very tight. I put the milky one on for now. How do you get into the pump? I saw some pictures of it and I think I put it together correctly. On the Remora C I have a pre-filter that is attached to the mag pump. The water goes up to the jets and then goes back into the tank. On this pump there is a hole and a place for the airline. I guess the water is pulled into the hole then into the skimmer. How does the water get back into the sump?