Help Breeding clown fish

sweetheart

So I want to breed clown fish. I'll have the tank and decor ready in about a month. I'm not gonna have Live plants in the tank since the lighting is alot of money. The tank size is a 29 gallon tank. The reason I am asking is because I can't find the best information on google that I need. So what stuff do I need? Is their anything special? I'll have the of course the filter and heater and the hood and stand and lighting. Now here are my questions. What is the tank temp supposed to be? How long will it take for them to breed? What signs do I need to look for, meaning that they are, or going to breed? Okay now here are the fry questions. How long will it be till the eggs hatch? What will they lay the eggs on? When and what do I feed the fry? And do I feed them right when they hatch? Or could I feed them Baby brine shrimp? Do I need to separate the eggs from the parents when the eggs are laid? I know, I know, I have nooooooo idea, and I have alot of questions.

sepulatian

First things first. Set up the tank, cycle it and buy a pair of clowns. Not all clowns will breed. If you buy one considerably larger than the other, but they have been together, then you have a better chance. They will not breed for at least a year or more. You have plenty of time. What kind of clowns are you thinking of breeding? If this is your first tank then get use to keeping SW fish. They have different needs than FW fish. The tank has different needs than FW tanks. Don't expect to breed clowns right off the bat. Get yourself used to SW before trying to breed.

sweetheart

I was hoping for some percula clowns. Well this is my first SW tank, but I'll be having some help from family members whose had a SW tank for years. When I get the tank tomorrow or next week, I'll upload a photo of the setup, so someone can tell me if it looks ok for the fish to breed in.