HELP Fish DYING

tomclx

Hello,
Maybe someone can help me. I was having a real bad bout with red slime algae for about 3 months. I tried water changes, a phosphate pad, and i increased flow by adding another power head. So as a lat resort i put some red slime remover in my tank. I have NO MORE red slime algae, however, my fish are dying fast. In the course of one week, i lost my cleaner shrimp, my coral beauty angel, my yellow mimic tang and a clown fish.
There were no signs of ich, and my h20 perameters were nearly poerfect.
I have a 90 gallon FOWLR. My last Clown fish looks as though his skin is peeling, like when you peel after a sun burn.
what do you think is happening in my tank. all my snails and hermits are ok.

o2ngk

You "may" have fungus problem. Best thing to do (may be too late now) is to QT your fish and get a fungus medication. Good Luck.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by tomclx
Hello,
Maybe someone can help me. I was having a real bad bout with red slime algae for about 3 months. I tried water changes, a phosphate pad, and i increased flow by adding another power head. So as a lat resort i put some red slime remover in my tank. I have NO MORE red slime algae, however, my fish are dying fast. In the course of one week, i lost my cleaner shrimp, my coral beauty angel, my yellow mimic tang and a clown fish.
There were no signs of ich, and my h20 perameters were nearly poerfect.
I have a 90 gallon FOWLR. My last Clown fish looks as though his skin is peeling, like when you peel after a sun burn.
what do you think is happening in my tank. all my snails and hermits are ok.
How long ago did you get the clown? If he is peeling then it could be brooklynella. Please take a look at the diseased fish FAQ for pics of the disease. Can you please describe what the other fish looked like before they died? Anything unusual on them? Did you monitor your water levels closely durring the treatment? What are they now?