help green hair and pest anemone

diablo

help :help: :help: :help:
i am starting to get hair algae and need to get rid of it what eats it i have lawnmover blenny. its still there :help: :help:
and also i have pest anemone's first they looked cool now they are splitting all over how to remove them is the question. not aptasia but pest..... :help: :help: :help:
any ideas or other post to read?????

javatech

When i had a problem with it i just put a pice of pond liner over the rock and after a few weeks it was gone or i would take the smaller rocks and put them in my sump were it was dark
but you have to find out why it's there in the first place or it will come back

diablo

what causes it my water is good
ph 8.2
alk 12
everything 0
calcium 450
130 lbs lr
100 lbs ls
water flow is up there 3 maxi jet 1200 and return is 600 gph
2 250 mh's 10k's 280 watt atinic's power compacts
20 gal long refuge
berlin h.o skimmer on the fuge
water temp is 78 with my chiller
and the tank is 90 gallons
the hair algae is on a zoo and i see it on a rock now :scared:

javatech

as far as what eat's it i have a fox face that eat's it and two Lettuce Nudibranch's
how old are your lights , are you using RO/DI water , how long are your lights on for

schadiest1

how long has your tank been up and running? Hair algae is stage of tank maturing. Most tangs will eat algae, and do a good job too!

diablo

Originally Posted by javatech
as far as what eat's it i have a fox face that eat's it and two Lettuce Nudibranch's
how old are your lights , are you using RO/DI water , how long are your lights on for
lights are 2 months old, ro/di water from safeway, lights on for about 12 hours.
i know lights on for too long but its the only way i get to enjoy the tank i work too much 6 days a week

diablo

Originally Posted by Schadiest1
how long has your tank been up and running? Hair algae is stage of tank maturing. Most tangs will eat algae, and do a good job too!
i have had the tank running for about a year. and have a yellow and a hippo tang in there with a lawnmower blenny

schadiest1

i know it sux, but if you want to cut down on algae, you'll have to cut down on the time your tank lights are running. Either that, or just get an outstanding clean up crew, i.e. snails, a tang, crabs.