HELP!HELP! I think I am about to kill my fish!

lkb3493

UGH! So this afternoon I decided to switch from cc to sand. I did not buy live sand but the old castle play sand. I took out my 20 lbs of live rock along with my royal gramma and put them in a rubbermaid tote with my tank water, heater and powerhead. Naturally, the gramma is hiding in the rock...
Anyways, my tank was fully cycled and now I am thinking I may be setting off another cycle by doing this?
The fish and rock are still in the tote as I am waiting for the water to clear a bit....I also took some of my cc and put it in some cut up pantyhose and made these snake like things to put on the bottom of the tank. I thought some of the good stuff in the "snakes" from the cc would help the sand along?
Please help! I know it sounds cheesy but I love this little fish! Have I just made a HUGE mistake?
What do I do now?

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by lkb3493
UGH! So this afternoon I decided to switch from cc to sand. I did not buy live sand but the old castle play sand. I took out my 20 lbs of live rock along with my royal gramma and put them in a rubbermaid tote with my tank water, heater and powerhead. Naturally, the gramma is hiding in the rock...
Anyways, my tank was fully cycled and now I am thinking I may be setting off another cycle by doing this?
The fish and rock are still in the tote as I am waiting for the water to clear a bit....I also took some of my cc and put it in some cut up pantyhose and made these snake like things to put on the bottom of the tank. I thought some of the good stuff in the "snakes" from the cc would help the sand along?
Please help! I know it sounds cheesy but I love this little fish! Have I just made a HUGE mistake?
What do I do now?
What type of filtration do you have going??? Keep a heater and powerhead going in the tub for now until your tank settles, then put back most of your tank water and the live rocks, then add your fish after everything settles again. Good Luck! :happyfish