help im battling cyano

diablo

im battling cyano it is in my refuge :scared: as well i have started the first step of cutting back the lights to 7 hours. now my question is if i turn off my lights on the refuge will it have negative affects or will it not matter.
what about chem clean i dont like chemicals but i hate red bubbley slime crap

if you has use chem clean let me know. :thinking:
i know it clean kills benificial bacteria but if i use cycle after the water change will the help in my war on slime

T

tizzo

If you turn off the lights in your fuge your plants will grow and need to be pruned. That's the negative effect. As far as the cyano you can use chemi clean, then use "cycle" and in a few months you may hafta repeat the process. Chemiclean is band aid. The stuff prolly works, but what works better is finding out why you have cyano to begin with and taking the proper steps to remove it. This may help... :)
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=73002

diablo

well i have high calcium 500 or more alk drops from 13 to 10 in 2 days ph is about 8.2 from what i can tell. all other lvls are fine i need to know how to drop the calcium. i have stopped dosing. and still it is high. nitrates are 0 are close to it. i will have phosates tested tommorrow at lfs. i have a 75 gallon phos gaurd in there now. so it should be low.
only other thing i can think of is not enuf flow
i have 500 out of return
280 out of ph
and 250 out of power sweep ph :mad: