help in feeding bottom dwelling fish.. Shrimp Goby

one-fish

Days Ago bought a sail fin shrimp goby from my LFS to go w/2 clowns and a coral beauty in my new 75 gal I have had these fish over a year now but recently transferred into this new tank back to the ? how does one feed this skiddish fish most of the time it stays hidden in it's little rock cave When feeding time comes if it does venture out it's only startled back into hiding due to other fish feeding by the time it comes back out food is mostly gone I have seen it eat pods from the surrounding rocks little bits of mysis shrimp and little bit of marine granule food so it is eating I just don't think it is getting enough to remain healthy Thinking of taking him back to the LFS and donate him back before he starves to death here also tried target feeding him with some minced shrimp but that was not to successful either Have been told that the fish may just need time to adjust to it's new surroundings and will eventually adjust to feeding with it's tank mates My gut feeling is to re donate the fish back and learn from the experience but will probably give it a few more days and see since it is eating some any useful tips on feeding would be appreciated Thx...

lmforbis

Maybe feed the fish in another part of the tank then try to target feed him when the others are occupied else where. You could also put the food in some sort of container with a small entrance the other fish can’t get into and put it into the tank near his hole.

silverado61

Turn the pumps and power heads off for about 10 min and give the food a chance to reach the substrate .Most Gobies are sand sifters so he might be waiting till lights out to feed. You've only had him for a few days so just give him a chance to get more comfortable with his surroundings.

one-fish

Do think problem Solved....Thx for the help here.Went back to LFS with intentions on asking if he would receive him back no refunds just wanted the health of the fish in return. Told him of situation he asked what I was feeding answer .frozen mysis like the rest of the fish plus a marine granule food asked what brand didn't know but in a red foil backed frozen cube said both foods were to large Goes to his freezer pulls out mysis frozen in a blue packaging and small bag of what he called ova
and guaranteed he would eat this. IT was the Most I have seen the fish eat in 3 days Looked it up ova are eggs probably prawn eggs Glad I went back to the LFS cuz I liked the little guy and wanted him but do wish he gave me more time to watch him. Pretty neat when he lunges out and throws up his sail swimming.He uses his pectoral fins like hands gripping the rocksSmall but interesting little fish..Thx. Again...