HELP Its Not ICH

magic

I thought that my fish had ICH so I did Hypo, and its still there. It is white bumps on the fish but its not ICH. please don’t ask about how low the salinity is and what I am using to measure it and if I am keeping the PH right. I know how to do hypo and have done it more the once. what else could it be?

magic

This one looks black but its not. I had to take the fish out of the tank to get this picture so it looks black.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Is that pealing-like? Describe it. Could it be brooklynella? Take a look at the pics in the Diseased Fish Thread if it is possibly brooklynella.
In the time it took you to tell us what not to ask, you could have just posted that info....:thinking:

magic

Good point,:) it looks like the fish has white globs on them, small globs. It also looks like there getting beat up by a fish in the tank. There fins are all torn up. I don't know what brooklynella is, I will look on yahoo for it.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Take a look at the Diseased Fish treat and look at the clowns there with brooklynella. It is a parasite the causes shedding. The treatment is formalin bathes and the procedure is in the FAQ Thread.
Ich can also get rather large, however, it would not cause the shedding. It could be that the fish has two problems: ich and brooklynella.

fishnerd

I think a good butt kickin has alot to do with your fishe health also. What else is in the tank with it? It obviously has been the victim of aggression.