Help me decide......

jla9508

I have a 55 gal, 50 lbs of lr, 3 inch sand bed, 1 six line wrasse, 5 turbo's, and 5 blue hermits.
I am planning on ordering a U-Build package off this site with 2 cleaner shrimp, 1 small CB shrimp, 1 feather duster, and 5 shaving brush.
I want to hear some suggestions on fish. I would like some active, peaceful fish(like the six line).
Thanks

jla9508

Thanks for the reply. My tank is too small for tangs. I thought about getting two Clarkii Clownfish. Would they go good with my setup?

mike j

I would go with a couple oceallaris clowns. A six line would look nice as well. If you wanted something else colourful, perhaps add a gramma or a dwarf angel (sometime down the road)

musipilot

Just a suggestion...you may want to skip the CB shrimp. I've heard of them kicking the &^%* out of cleaners, peppermints, and even hermits. Definately check out the porcelain crabs, 3 or 4 of those make an adorable addition to any reef tank. Good luck!

jeo

fish I would consider: royal gramma, true or false percs, and Cardinals- although cardinals are not very active they are much different than most other fish and add a nice contrast. Also maybe a dwarf angel in the future, thats what I would go for anyway. :cool:

jeo

I have no idea why the red mad face was checked off in the headline of my previous post, don't worry I'm not really mad :D

theseaweed

try a bicolor dottyback, very similar looking to royal gramma. Also chromis very hardy and very active.

jla9508

Thanks the replys!
What about peppermint shrimp? I thought about getting 3 peppermint shrimp instead of the CBS. Also ave read about the royal grammas being prone to getting diseases. Is this true?

jeo

I have read that royal grammas are not prone to diseases and the most common way for them to die is from jumping out of the tank